Monday, April 23, 2007

Looking for the Future

These Pulitzer Prize winning 20 photos by Renee Byer of The Sacramento Bee document a boy and his family's struggle against neuroblastoma.

It's both powerful and heartbreaking - the reason I'm considering studying and working with pediatric cancer - but also what makes me wonder if I'm strong enough.

(found via Blog, MD)



I'll get a taste of cancer research this summer, when I'll be doing two 5-week research rotations in labs at MD Anderson, one of the top (or THE top, depending on the year and who you ask) cancer institutions in the country. I guess I'll take it from there.


In other news, I graduate and move to Houston in less than a month! Crazy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie!
Those are some tough pictures!
You'll find the right place for you. Keep your eyes open!
I'm so proud of you.
Love,Mom